FACEBOOK JUNKIE- TESTS THE MAZDA 6
2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
I have a serious confession to make – Facebook is consuming my life. I do not post as often as some and I am not a non-posting stalker like others, but I do skim through the news feed about 15 times a day. That is unhealthy. So, I made a vow to tour Facebook less during my week of* test driving the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring – instead of reading about it, I made a pledge to experience the most common Facebook posts using the Mazda 6 as my exploration vehicle.
- Gym check-in: Let’s be honest…I had to use the navigation in the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring to find my way to the gym. Since it came equipped with an all-powerful Commander Control dial, it was easy to select my location and start the navigation. I did not take any Flex Friday photos at the gym to post on Facebook because the Mazda 6 has enough muscle with 184 HP and 185 lb-ft torque.
- Inspirational quotes: The most recent quote I read on Facebook was “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln. The Mazda 6 is unquestionably a good vehicle. The 2.5L skyactiv – G gasoline engine offers efficiency that other vehicles in this class cannot. A lot of factors such as timing, shape of piston dome, injector spray and more were considered in making this engine a good one. I got all the inspiration I needed this week driving the Mazda; it even inspired me to unfriend those who only post inspirational quotes.
- ALS ice bucket challenge: The new trend on Facebook is to dump ice cold water on your head to raise awareness for ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease. I decided to give the Mazda 6 an ice cold bath, and make my own donation to ALS. The heated side mirrors made the ice melt quickly, as did the hot power sliding-glass moonroof, 19-inch platinum silver-painted aluminum-alloy wheels, dual exhaust outlets with chrome tips and rear decklid spoiler.
- Pictures of kids: I think my son was happy he did not have to say cheese all week so that mommy could take the perfect picture and post it on Facebook. He was happy about the comfort and safety of the Mazda 6. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the 2015 Mazda 6 with optional Smart Brake support a 2014 Top Safety Pick Plus. I will take safety over kid pictures all day.
- So in love pictures: Apparently, everyone on Facebook has the perfect relationship and their significant other is the greatest person in the world. This week, I fell in love with the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, so I totally understand. As the driver of this vehicle, I was spoiled with the ultimate driver’s cabin – the placement of every gauge, pedal and knob, along with the available Bordeaux accents, heated front seats and rich soft-touch materials, the Mazda 6 is worth the flattery it deserves.
- Pictures of food: The Mazda 6 sure doesn’t eat gas. With 26 city mpg and 38 highway mpg, I was able to take the Grand Touring to all my favorite restaurants around town. Its impressive fuel economy is much more exciting than looking at pictures of brown-colored casserole someone made as their first home cooked meal.
- Bragging posts: I always like to brag when I get a good deal, and the Mazda 6 MSRP of $29,495 is worth bragging about. Even the Grand Touring model that I test drove only has an MSRP of $31,490. I think the vehicle is priceless since it had the ability to keep me off Facebook for an entire week.
- The selfie: I took a selfie in front of the Mazda 6 parked outside the house. The Soul Red color was so deep and vibrant that it had to be documented. Mazda had to precisely engineer this new, red color through a 3-step process. Some of the other available colors that are worth a selfie include: Bleu Reflex, Snowflake White Pearl, Meteor Gray and Deep Crystal Blue.
- Throw back Thursday pictures: There are not many throwback features in the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring – this vehicle is high tech and equipped with all the luxuries, especially Bluetooth. Bluetooth offers the ability to stream phone calls, music, texts and even more. It has voice command and will automatically dial 911 if the car is in an accident. It does not dial 911 in case of an emergency, and missing Facebook is not considered an emergency, so I have been told.
- Playlist: With Sirius XM and USB and Pandora compatibility and an HD radio, it was easy to turn up my favorite songs in the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring. With the Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System with AudioPilot 2 and 11 speakers, I was so engulfed in the music; I had not time for Facebook. Plus, my hands were busy with the steering-wheel-mounted audio controls.
Before facebook how did we ever know about what people had for lunch, when their children took their first steps, what restaurant they were at, if they were in a relationship or where to buy a car? This could be why I constantly hear my parents say “just pick up the phone”. Whatever your form of communication, I encourage you to test drive the Mazda 6, I’m sure you will give it a thumbs up.
*Don’t text and drive or read social media while driving.
2014 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING vehicle, go to http://www.mazdausa.com/