By: Melanie Droz Shawcroft
WHEN YOU’RE HOT YOU’RE HOT
There is no doubt that all the bragging Phoenicians do in the winter slaps them right in the face during the summer when temperatures reach up to 120 degrees. It is a dry heat, but there is no escaping it. Unless you have a COOL car. Here are the top reasons the 2017 Audi S3 is just as HOT as the summer heat in Phoenix but will keep you COOL all summer long.
Here is why “ When You’re Hot You’re Hot”
- The Glacier White Metallic ($575) exterior color just screams COOL; however, the S3 moves much faster than a glacier with its 2.0L TFSI 292 hp/280 lb-ft I4 engine, 6-speed S tronic transmission, and Quattro all-wheel drive system. Getting from Point A to Point B quickly is essential in the summer, and I made record time whether it was dropping the boys off at camp or meeting my girlfriends for happy hour. The average 21 city/28 highway also kept me COOL since I was able to avoid filling up during the week I drove the Audi.
- The HOT black, leather interior surfaces include a leather-wrapped steering wheel with shift paddles which provide sport steering. The driver has total control and for a mom with 4 boys in the house, it was nice to have control somewhere. The sleek interior also has inlays in Matte Brushed Aluminum which made this in-control mom look COOL as well.
- Some may not think so, but being safe is also HOT, so the 5-star safety rating of the Audi S3 keeps its passengers COOL with 3-point safety belts with Automatic Locking Retractor and driver and passenger advanced, knee and seat airbags – SIDEGUARD inflatable curtain airbags and red HOT brake calipers ($400) When the monsoons hit during the summer time in Phoenix, it is crucial to have a vehicle that is safe on slick roads and can protect passengers when winds are insane and dust storms are underway.
- -New, HOT technology in the 2017 Audi S3 sedan includes the Audi MMI navigation with MMI touch, Audi connect prime and plus, side assist with rear cross traffic assist, virtual cockpit, and Bang and Olufsen sound system ($3,950) I was definitely the COOL mom when I pulled up to basketball camp jamming to COOL 94.5 blasting from the sound system.
- It is important to get the A/C checked in your vehicle in the summer time in order to stay COOL – there is nothing worse than riding with the windows down in July – if you do catch yourself in that predicament, the Audi comes with 4 years Roadside Assistance coverage, but the likelihood of the dual-zone automatic climate control not working is very low.
There are several other HOT features in the 2017 Audi S3 that should not go unmentioned.
- The panoramic sunroof offers natural light and a COOL view while the Dynamic package includes19” 5-double-spoke-Star design wheels, summer tires, and Audi magnetic ride ($1,500).Also, the Sport seat package offers fine nappa leather interior and manual front S sport seats with depth adjust and S3 embossing ($1,450)
Being a teacher with summers off, I would have never guessed I could afford an Audi, but with an MSRP of $42,900, this fiery sedan is an affordable option
If I came back after summer break pulling up in the HOT Audi S3, I would be the envy of my coworkers and the COOLEST teacher on campus.
- MSRP – Starting at $42,900.00
- Vehicle Tested – $51,725.00
- 21 City – 28 Highway
- Being a teacher – Priceless