2020 Toyota Highlander Premium
Life is Highway in a Highlander
By: Cathy Droz – HER Certified
This is the first Easter Sunday that I will not be spending my time cooking or socializing with anyone other than my husband. However, for so many Americans this may be the first Easter or Passover they have had with their entire families in years. This is because of the shelter in place guidelines which is a blessing for some and maybe not for others.
I took a drive, mostly on highways, with my husband on Saturday in the Premium Highlander. We drove about 250 miles that day going southeast from Phoenix in our beautiful state of Arizona. From Phoenix to a copper mining town called Globe to Lake Roosevelt then on to Tucson. The roads were easy to navigate so we truly gave the Highlander every possible test of endurance, speed, safety and picnic space.
The streets of Globe were empty and the marina at Lake Roosevelt was closed except for take-out at the marina restaurant. When we arrived in Tucson, we drove by one resort after the other with empty parking lots and lonely gardeners pruning the spring blossoms. All in all, we had a quiet day focusing on social spacing and checking in via text with our family and friends across the nation.
Be safe and have a Blessed Holiday. Thank you to all the heroes who don’t get a chance to be with their families, because they are making ours safe.
Here are some of the Facts:
- 5L V6 – Automatic
- Multi Terrain Select w/Dial
- Toyota Safety Sense – Awesome
- Pre-Collision System W/Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert w/ steering assist, lane tracing assist, blind spot monitor w/rear cross traffic alert, front and rear parking assist w/ auto braking, bird’s eye view camera.
- Hands Free – Power liftgate
- 20’ Alloy Wheels w/ temporary spare
- Heated Power Mirrors w/Puddle Lamps
- Moonroof w/ sunshade
- Rain sensitive windshield wipers
- Leather Trimmed Seating
- Power, Heated Front Seats and 2nd Row
- Third Row 60/40 split (lies flat)
- Audio Screen 12.3 Touch Screen
- JBL – 11 Speakers, Subwofer & Amplifier
- Apple Carplay compatible
- Wireless Smartphone charger
- MSRP: $48,800
- AS TESTED: $51,112
- Deli Sandwiches and cupcakes $15.27
20 MPG City – 27 MGP “On Life’s Highway”